How To Make A Paper Airplane
~ Dart Glider ~
There are many ways to make (and many variants of) the Glider paper airplane and this one is made more like a Dart than anything, which is why we chose to call it a Dart Glider (oxymoron, we know). A lot of Gliders will, well, Glide. This one tends to fly further and faster than we see with others in the same class. Never the less it has characteristics of both so we’re going with Dart Glider.
Learning how to make a paper airplane like the Dart Glider is as simple as can be, and these photos will speak for themselves. We’ve also uploaded a video on our YouTube Channel (shown below) which you can watch.
How To Make This Paper Airplane:
- Step 1 -- Fold the paper in half lengthwise, make a crease, and then unfold.
- Step 2 -- Fold a top corner over until it meets the center crease.
- Step 3 -- Fold the other corner over in the same way.
- Step 4 -- Now fold over one side of the page until the fold meets the center crease, press down.
- Step 5 -- Do the same to the other side of the page.
- Step 6 -- Fold the tip of the page down until it meets the point where the center crease meets the side folds.
- Step 7 -- Fold the page in half with the previous folds on the outside.
- Step 8 -- About 1/4″ or 1/2″ from the bottom spine of the plane, fold the wing down so that the fold runs parallel to the spine.
- Step 9 -- Flip the plane over and do the same on the other side.
- Step 10 -- Fly that thing!
Here’s our YouTube video tutorial for this paper airplane.