How To Make A Paper Airplane Step By Step
~ Interceptor ~
Get ready to learn how to make a paper airplane step by step. This tutorial is on how to make the Interceptor, a really cool and unique looking plane that beats the darts your buddies are making, hands down. The Interceptor is a fast flying dart variant that just looks cool. Purists may scoff because this design does call for cutting a slit in the tail section, but there is no paper removed, the cut simply facilitates a rear foil which makes this plane look better than most of the basic ones you’ll see.
While the Interceptor begins as a dart construction, you quickly see how some simple modifications start to form something very different. It’s precisely this type of variation that makes this a fun hobby, because you can take virtually any paper airplane and learn how to make something no one else has seen.
The pictures and video below walk you through the folds necessary to create a paper airplane step by step.
How To Make This Paper Airplane:
- Step 1 -- Fold the paper in half lengthwise, make a crease, and then unfold.
- Step 2 -- Situate the paper so that the crease runs up and down in front of you.
- Step 3 -- Fold a top corner over until it meets the center crease.
- Step 4 -- Fold the other corner over in the same way.
- Step 5 -- Next fold one side over to the center once again, making sure the edges line up nicely.
- Step 6 -- Fold the other side over in the same way.
- Step 7 -- In this step you’re going to fold the top down as shown in the picture… 2″ or so from the bottom.
- Step 8 -- The pictures will help with this, but you need to fold that same flap back up onto itself.
- Step 9 -- Flip the plane over. Now fold the small tip at the top over until it meets the edge of the larger fold.
- Step 10 -- Next step is to fold the plane in half, with the folds on the OUTSIDE as shown.
- Step 11 -- About 2″ from the bottom, and along the spine of the plane, using scissors cut a slit about 1/4″ -- 1/2″ at a slight angle. One cut only.
- Step 12 -- Open the plane slightly and using your finger gently push the foil you just created with the slit down into the fold, as shown.
- Step 13 -- Now all you have to do is fold the wings down onto the spine of the plane like you would with any other plane.
- Step 14 -- Because of the many folds and the cut, the photos or video will definitely be necessary to follow the instructions.
- Step 15 -- Your paper airplane is ready… fly that thing!
Here’s our YouTube video tutorial for this paper airplane.
Thanks for viewing How To Make A Paper Airplane Step By Step. Browse around our site and you can learn a lot more, like “how do paper airplanes fly“?